Monday, November 11, 2013

William Eggleston

William Eggleston is a photographer who was born in 1939. He takes a lot of pictures that emphasize colors and has been called the father of color photography. His pictures have a bit of a "pop-art" feel to them. He started by experimenting with color film at an early age and he has traveled to places like China and Japan to take pictures. 


These pictures all seem very retro. The colors are bold,but not neon or two overpowering. In this photo, I like the shadow in the foreground.  







I personally don't find these images great, again, because I don't like color photography as much as I like the look and feel of black and white, but the colors are nice and I can appreciate them.



This one feels very vintage, which just may be the time that it was taken. I think it is an alright photo, but nothing about it really wows me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment