Thursday, November 7, 2013

Laszlo Moholy-Nagy

Laszlo Moholy-Nagy was not only a photographer but also a painter and a professor. A lot of his images have interesting geometric shapes, and he has also done some photograms, which are dark room prints made by exposing light-sensitive paper to light while objects lie on top of it. In photography one in the darkroom, I actually made some of these and they are a lot of fun to play around with. His look very professional and at first I didn't know that they were photograms- I just thought that they were abstract. 

This photogram really makes me wonder what the objects placed on the photo paper were. When I did mine, I used objects of different thicknesses because the thin objects showed light through like some aspects of this image.




 This is a photogram of a flower, and I really love this image. I love the compostition and the way that the flower looks and the angle it is placed at. I feel like this image should be framed and hung up in my room.







This image is interesting and I like how it is so simple but at the same time so complex. This photographer has a similar style to what appeals to me and these three images are very appealing. He has a lot of different work too, but I really like these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment