Thursday, November 7, 2013

Edward Weston

Edward Weston was an American photographer in the late 1800s and early 1900s. He has taken pictures of landscapes, people, bodies, and objects in black and white and is very well-known as one of the most influential photographers of his time. 

I recognize this photo from a poster in the photography room. When I has Ms. Hyde, she was telling us about it and no one believed that it was a pepper. He took a "normal" object and made it beautiful. I like this image a lot.







I was shocked to learn that this image is actually a cabbage leaf. I like his ability to take vegetables and turn them into an interesting unrecognizable image. I thought that it was a dress at first.

I really like the contrast and composition of this image. The lines are sharp yet not harsh and I like the way that the background is completely black. 



No comments:

Post a Comment