Thursday, October 17, 2013

Paul Strand

Paul Strand was a photographer in New York City in the early 1900s. He took pictures of machinery, people, and places in the city and also in his travels. He is considered one of the photographers who shaped photography in the twentieth century.
  
This is a photo that Strand took while he was in Mexico. I feel like this picture is similar to my style because I love older structures,especially arches, in black and white. I really like the angle that this picture is taken from because it's not straight on. 






 I like this image as well. I love the geometric shapes of the windows and the building, and the people on the bottom break it up and make it much more interesting. I like the way the windows and the people are really dark.

I honestly don't like this image as much as the rest just because nothing about it really stands out to me.It feels like a posed family portrait or something of the sort and doesn't have any special elements to it. It's also kind of washed out and i wish the blacks were blacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment