Friday, September 27, 2013

Geometric Shape Assessment

The project for this week was to take pictures that emphasize geometric shapes and/or patterns. For the assignment, I tried to focus on man-made structures like the windows on buildings, stairs, pipes, etc., however I did use logs for one picture that had been chopped up into geometric shapes. For the assignment I tried to take some simple pictures and some with a lot of patterns and shapes. I also made them all black and white to make them nicer to look at. I like my image of my house with the two windows the best because of the minimalistic simplicity and how easy it is to look at. Overall, this assignment wasn't exactly my style, but I feel as though I gave it my best effort and created some images that fit the requirements well. I did have trouble with this assignment just because I'm not usually paying attention to the shapes and focusing mainly on them. I could improve my images/process just by going to more interesting places because most of these photos were taken close to or in my home. 

1 comment:

  1. The nice thing about doing something that you don't normally do is that it opens your mind to a new experience... you might never go back to taking photos with geometric shapes as the subject, but you will be more aware of them in all of the photos you take -- it will help you use them wisely.

    ReplyDelete